(Image source: A Beautiful Mess)
It has been incredibly hot these past weeks, even for Singapore – which got me thinking about the popsicle mould that we bought when we first moved in, all caught up in a wave of optimism and faux determination, thinking that we would be doing so much in our new kitchen.
But, better late then never. And baby steps. This recipe for strawberry cocktail popsicles looks simple enough: sugar, water, a nip of alcohol, bits of strawberries, then into the fridge. TA-DA – instant domestic goddess.
(Image source: Design Love Fest)
But if you need a drink drink, just shake up some strawberry basil daiquiris.
How do you fall in love?
You don’t fall in love like you fall in a hole. You fall like falling through space. It’s like you jump off your own private planet to visit someone else’s planet…
And the falling was really the big jump that you had to make to be with someone you don’t want to be without. That’s it.
PS You have to be brave.
- Jeanette Winterson in Big Questions from Little People & Simple Answers from Great Minds
Anyway, this is the second space-related quote in three days. Considering that New Horizons just flew by Pluto (how very awesome), I absolutely have to hashtag it #cosmic.
(Image source: Marta Syrko)
Oh, and there is this post about romantic relationships that I stumbled upon – the universe is conspiring to get me feeling all lovey-dovey! I think its spot-on in its description of being in that “after a while” phase, where there are no butterflies or quickened heartbeats all the time. And it is actually nicer when you don’t feel all pumped up when you are together.
Before I head off for the day, a few links:
- A not-so-classic braid for up-ing your hair game.
- I don’t keep up with the fashion shows anymore, but I still take time to drool over Elie Saab’s collections. Here’s a video of his AW 15/16 Haute Couture show. And this Tumblr of backstage snapshots.
- An Anti-Stress Coloring Book for adults. That’s right, we should be coloring well into our old age.
- I am pretty obsessed with the Afternoon Acoustic playlist on Spotify. Works like a dream as work music.
- Currently reading: Everything I Never Told You by Celeste Ng. Young girl dies mysteriously in small town America, family secrets / drama kind of story. [I am just a few chapters in… may report back if it is good.]
- A heavy sleeper’s guide to getting up in the morning.
- Cute illustrations of a raccoon (i.e. Couture Bandit) that steals designer goods.
- I am already fascinated with the contouring make-up technique, but these “clown contouring selfies” bring it to a whole new level.
- A hilarious open letter to the people who live in fancy tiny houses. Because teeny homes are the new black.
- A pretzel necklace feels oddly right.