Everything is energy and that’s all there is to it. Match the frequency of the reality you want and you cannot help but get that reality. It can be no other way. This is not philosophy. This is physics.
- Albert Einstein
Don’t you love it too, when faith and science meet?
(Image source: Ginger and Milk)
With days left to Christmas, the internet is brimming with things that you should be buying for someone or other in your life. I am not a huge gift-giver (to make me sound less Scrooge-like, I am also not a huge gift-expector), but I do really enjoy browsing gift guides. It is like window-shopping without having to do the legwork (town is a nightmare with the holiday crowds these days anyway).
Every year, I have my usual suspects when it comes to Christmas gift guides – Cup of Jo, This Is Glamorous, Bloesem, Design Love Fest and all the other blogs I have been following for years for their very, very lovely images and feel-good writing. I’m sure you have your own list of such reads, which you go back to again and again, even as blogs become increasingly old-fashioned in an Instamgram-obsessed world.
Maybe I am just getting a little old-er. I feel snug and comfortable in these familiar spaces – especially when I realised that I do not even know what Snapchat does.
So, what are some of your favorite old haunts on the internet?
I love clicking on links, so I assume you do too!
- Speaking of Christmas, I would really like this floating pearl necklace, these sweet crochet slippers and maybe one of these gorgeous, super-chunky merino wool blankets (even if they are probably too warm for Singapore).
- A really thought-provoking read about internet fame and money.
- Will definitely be making time to hit the Makers’ Market at the National Museum this weekend.
- Going somewhere fun for the weekend? Here’s a list of travel-friendly make-up and skincare products that will fit in your carry-on.
- What Jesus Christ may really have looked like.
- Ted Talk: This is what enduring love looks like.
- A mother’s “Winter Blues Cure Jar“, for when taking care of a little one gets trying. (Can certainly work in a place where there is no winter as well.)
- Although I have known about “40 Days of Dating” since the project debuted in 2013, I only started to really read it recently. And it really is quite fascinating. I am now at Day 21.
- If you like cats and Jenga, you will love Cat Jenga.
- Watching make-up tutorial videos on Instagram is one of my guilty pleasures. @cosmobyhaley is my new favourite follow.